How To Earn More Income With Your Existing Customers Using Email Marketing
By Brandon Olson May 26, 2021
Learn how one email marketing company made over $ 30,000 in new sales in a single day, and how you can too.
It's important to get new customers. However, it is often easier and cheaper to reach out to your existing customers to increase your sales.
Because they already know, like and trust you. You have already seen value in your relationship.
In fact, the success rate of selling to a customer you already have is 60 to 70 percent, while the success rate of selling to a new customer is 5 to 20 percent. And existing customers are 50 percent more likely to try new products and spend 31 percent more than new customers.
Still not convinced?
Let's take a look at how Troyer website owner Jonas Troyer made more than $ 30,000 in new sales with his existing customers in one day with four emails sent through his AWeber account.
Connected: How To Make Money From Email Marketing
How Troyer Websites Realized Over $ 30,000 in New Revenue with AWeber
In addition to some complementary services, Troyer Websites also offers website design services such as search engine optimization (SEO), social media advertising, graphic design and more.
Troyer wanted to get more business for his SEO services, so he developed a 15% discount one day promotion to sell an annual package of SEO services to his existing website clients.
He sent four emails to his current customer list with fewer than 500 subscribers, all on the same day – one in the morning, one at noon, one in the afternoon, and one at night.
Why did his email work so effectively? Let's look at some of the tactics that worked in Troyer's favor.
How to write emails that trigger actions
Creating urgency through scarcity
Scarcity drives the fear of missing out, or FOMO, and creates demand. Troyer's emails highlighted that the 15% discount was only available for a limited time and that he had limited spots available.
His last "last chance" email called FOMO saying his company would "probably never do this again".
Arouse interest through exclusivity
Since Troyer's customers were already paying him for other services, it seemed like an exclusive opportunity only for them to offer a discount on another service.
Use language based on benefits
Your prospects don't just want to know what services you offer. They want to know how they can benefit from it.
Use language that focuses on customer benefits. Which company doesn't want to "appear on the first page of Google"?
Use social evidence
One of the most effective ways to grow your business is through word of mouth. By leveraging customer testimonials and success stories, other potential customers can feel more secure doing business with you.
Using social evidence in his emails, Troyer shared a video going through two of his SEO clients' websites and the results of working with Troyer and his team. This helps position your advertising so that potential customers can see how they are benefiting from your SEO services.
This is how you do it with your customers
If you offer complementary products or services, you can sell them to your existing customers.
- Create and publish a landing page in AWeber to collect payments from your customers.
- Use AWeber Ecommerce to collect payments and tag customers based on their purchase. This way you can see how many sales you have made with your existing customers. Make sure to tag your customers when they make new purchases so you can offer them additional deals in the future.
- Create a segment of your customers based on previous purchases. You can do this either by looking for tags based on previous purchases or importing tags from a table based on purchases.
- Compose an email (or a series of emails – called a campaign) to your customers about the complementary product or service you want to offer them and link them to the AWeber landing page you created.
- Plan out your email address so that you can go to your customer segment and watch sales.
Are you ready to increase your sales with your customers? Create a free AWeber account and get started today.